and exhausted. and confused. and tired of people. especially people talking to me about education.
I feel like I have 15 bosses, at least. I have a principal, an assistant principal, an instructional coach, a literacy coach, a department chair, a team leader, an inclusion teacher, a mentor, and not to mention all the parents that have something to say.
ALL of those people have an opinion on the best way to teach a class and be a teacher. ALL of those people like to share their ideas with me.
NONE of these educational ideas and theories work with each other.
What they are saying:
"You should teach this reading strategy"
" I always use to teach my kids this..."
" I think if you tried..."
"It would be much better if you..."
"Next time, I would think about..."
"Have you thought about doing it this way....."
"When are you going to teach...."
"You really need to...."
"How does this help students..."
"What are you going to do about...."
"Your letting the students get away with too much...."
"Your too strict with the students...."
"Your class has too much free time...."
" There's never any downtime in your class...."
What I hear:
"YOU'RE DOING EVERYTHING WRONG."
I had been searching for an outlet to let all of this frustration out.
I found working out really, really hard helped.
But then I found something better.
Working out really, really hard to this song. Or driving really, really fast to this song. Or just putting the words really, really in front of something while listening to this song.
(and I get to listen to the musical stylings of Christina Aguilera. There is nothing wrong with that.)
No comments:
Post a Comment