School is great! My 3rd period class was really bad in the library yesterady so I gave them the "you know better than this, I'm dissapointed in you, some of your freedoms are getting taken away" talk. Instead of yelling i tried the just show them how sad i am they can't behave in the library. I'll let you know the outcome...
4th and 6th period drive me up a walll cause they talk so much- but they are good kids. So we laugh about it but still i try to get onto them.
I love my 8th period.. they are gifted and talented and I'm having a hard time teaching to them. But they are really fun to work with.
I did a parent assignment for the parents to send me a letter (in a million words or less.. HOPEFULLY LESS) to describe their son/daughter to me as a student and as a person.
The responses have been so sweet, funny and well written. Some have even made me cry because they all just love their kids so much! It makes me think about how I would want a teacher to think about my kid as well. I've loved the assignment so much and getting to read what parents have to say. Most parents email me and I have 13 pages saved of their notes.
Besides school life is good.. because their is little life besides school. I'm trying to go hiking after school at a park near my house. It's full of mountain bikers and has confusing trails but it's fun to be outside and hiking in something that isn't flat. I've been trying to make it out there... and by trying I mean I fell asleep at 5:30 on my couch by accident. I've been twice and hopefully one more time today!
I'm going home for labor day weekend!
A few of my camp friends are going to 6th street on friday night and invited me. But I think I'll pass to spend time with the family instead...
and spend time grading!
No comments:
Post a Comment