I hated every moment of it. It was awful. Ok that's not totally true.
It started off with a meeting with our Assitant Principal, all the other 7th grade language arts teachers and our department head. I walked in thinking that the meeting was about one thing and it turned out to be about something completly different. It only took me about 10 minutes to figure that part out. And then another 10 minutes to figure out what they were even talking about... and the meeting was only 30 minutes.
I've been in two meetings in the last two days where I've understood probably 20% of what they were talking about. At the end I walk out of the meeting confused and wondering what else I have to work on. There are TOO many acroynms in education for me to even come close to understand what people are saying.
In my team meeting yesterday, we talked about students and progress reports and our SPED(Special Education Inclusion) teacher had so many questions about her students and they were all just for me. I felt like I had done literally everything wrong and everyone was staring at me waiting for me to explain. I felt awful at the time but I have it all fixed now.
One plus from yesterday is that our principal came and obsevered me for the 2nd time (in two weeks) and this evaluation was better than the last! I guess as long as things are getting better.
Right now I've been thinking of teaching as a moving river. Everyday it's like I jump in at a different point and the river is completly different each time. It's either running perfectly, or choppy and hard to get through. And I never know what to expect.
I need to go prepare for tomorrow.. I feel like i"m getting farther behind where I need to be, also. But right now I don't see that as a huge problem. At least not yet....
Even though this week hasn't been as bad as I've made this seem... I'm ready for this week to be over!
No comments:
Post a Comment